Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My confession.

 I sometimes feel like a slacker mom.  The house will be a disaster, I'll yell at the kids over silly things, and I'm just overall not measuring up.  I haven't left the kids that many times over the years but when I do I secretly wish that I will come home to a mess, that Mat will have locked himself in a room, the kids will be fighting, and I can swoop in and save the day.
 That my friends has NEVER happened.  The worst I ever came home to was a rearranged and still not put entirely back together kitchen. I kept calling the kids and Mat while I was in San Francisco and they always seemed to be off having fun with each other.  They completed a HUGE primary project for me as well.  Mat even had them all ready and at our 9:00 am church.  I was sure I would come home to a sink full of dishes and I could do that swooping in thing.
 Nope, not only did the kids get to go hiking and out to dinner, they made crafts and built things with Mat.  They cleaned out closets, did all the laundry, and had posters and cute little popsicle stick buildings for me when I came through the door.
 I missed them so much and admit I would rather have been doing all of the fun things with them.  I want them to experience everything I get to as well.  Although, I would have loved to play super hero and hear Mat ramble on and on about how amazed he is that I can function at the house on a daily basis, I WAS happy to come home to such a clean and put together home. 

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky gal you are -- I wish I could leave and have such function -- oh well! Anyhow I think we could all be that way if we only had to do it once in a while -- its the everyday stuff that gets hard etc.

    ReplyDelete