Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Noteworthy for SURE!

After 2 1/2 weeks off for Christmas vacation for the kiddos, and inches upon inches of rainfall during that break, I was less than enthused that the last day the kids would have off from school was fore casted for rain with a possibility of snow.  Thanksgiving weekend was unseasonably cold, and while Christmas was plenty warm outside I was growing tired of kids being cooped up in the house every flippin' day!  My body was still accustomed to waking up at 6:00 in time to get Bailey ready for school so I was pleasantly surprised to peak out the window first thing and see our yard covered in white.  It was still dark outside so I flipped on the back flood lights and saw that it was still snowing!  I was so excited for the kids to get up and hoped it wouldn't melt before they had a chance to play in it.  They woke up at 8:00 and while going outside to see how cold it was saw the snow and within minutes were suited up and out the door.  It was quite powdery so they had trouble building their forts and making snowmen but it wasn't long before the backyard was bombarded by neighborhood kids and it became one big snowball fight.  I was thrilled that on the kids final day of their break they FINALLY got snow instead of rain! Even more thrilled that after all this IS Southern Utah and the majority of the snow is already gone and I don't have to deal with the mess anymore. ;)





2 comments:

  1. It was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to not having to deal with the mess. Can you IMAGINE? I can do a day each year for snow, but that's where I draw the line!!!

    ReplyDelete