Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Looking fine at age nine!

 When Bailey was little and I threw extravagant birthday parties for her I would have moms tell me " I used to throw fancy parties like this, but it's too much trouble now."  Truthfully, I thought I would NEVER have that attitude.  That I would ALWAYS want to go above and beyond for all of my kids.  Well, I've joined the ranks of the moms that want something simpler when it comes to parties.  This year we convinced Caleb that it would be a blast if he just took a couple of his closest friends up to Brianhead to go tubing.  We decided that midweek would actually be best and Caleb's birthday fell on a Tuesday so we had him take his two cousins out of school and they headed up to the mountain.  Bailey can only miss so many days of school and we are finicky about her missing so I stayed home with the girls and we decorated Caleb's room and set up cake and ice cream while the boys were away.
 Caleb had a basketball game that night and so we knew there wouldn't be much time for anything but the tubing hill was vacant other than our group of five so the boys wore out quicker and thus we were able to open gifts and have cake and ice cream before the game.
 I was taking cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy to Caleb's game as treats so I wasn't planning on getting a cake.  Caleb however, asked for a snow tubing cake and I thought I could "maybe" pull it off.  Well, it was a cake, and it had snow tubers on it, other than that it wasn't much to look at.  It made Caleb happy however.
Caleb is the most thoughtful, easy-going little boy.  He is always willing to do what you ask and sometimes shares a little too much.  His older sister and little brother know exactly how to take advantage of his kindness.  His baby sister claims him as her " Wawob".  He is SUCH a blessing in our home and I have cherished the past nine years with such and amazing kid!  Happy Birthday Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment