Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Girl's Trip

 Last week I got to turn in my mom card for the weekend and be Jamie again.  My friends invited me on a girl's trip to San Francisco.  I hadn't been since I was a kid and wanted/needed a break.  I was hesitant about leaving Mat and the kids but knew they were in good hands.  As we were waiting for our flight a gentlemen in the airport told us that if were weren't careful we could easily end up in th e"Tenderloin District" and that we should avoid it at all costs.  Easier said then done.  Before we had even checked into our hotel one of the gal's wallets was stolen.  We got to then take a walk into the scary part of town since that was the closet police department.  I was SHOCKED!  My kids reveled in the stories of hobos every five feet and human feces on the sidewalk.  I seriously almost stepped in some! What a CRAZY city!
 While we were there we did all of the very touristy stuff.  We rented Segways, took pictures on trollys, and visited Alcatraz.  Our Alcatraz visit made us feel like celebrities.  We had connections for a private guided tour and after 6 hours spent on the island I'm relatively sure that I saw it all! Anywhere where there were signs posted to stay out or locked doors that we were supposed to just gander though windows we had access to.  We got to go to the top of the lighthouse, the top of the jail, and the citadels, which basically no one ever has access to.  Everytime we went somewhere behind a locked door we had people trying to follow and got a little chuckle everytime they were scolded for trying to follow us. 
Such a fun group of girls and a VERY memorable trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment