Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

 Since Bailey was a wee little baby we started having New Year's parties.  Over the years they have escalated into some really fun competitions for the adults.  Each couple takes a turn hosting and usually puts a ton of time into making it a blast with games and prizes to be won.  This year the couple hosting backed out at the last minute and everyone seemed to be exhausted from Christmas so we spent New Year's Eve with our kiddos this year.  I think it is actually the first time we have rung in the New Year with Caleb, Easton, and Peyton at all!  Bailey of course had places she'd rather be then hang out at home with her parents so she went to a couple of different parties at her friends houses while Mat and I hung back with the younger kids.  We bought snacks and rented movies and planned on partying until midnight.  I had to leave after we had watched a movie with the boys to transport Bailey to a different friend's house and when I came back the boys had settled in the put a puzzle together.  I thought I'd better hurry and help them assemble it so that we could move onto funner things.  By the time we solved the puzzle however, it was 15 minutes before midnight.  Peyton had fallen asleep during the movie and I was shocked at how quiet our little party was.  I loved it!  When midnight hit the boys went out front and blew air horns and banged the pot lids together.  We could see the fireworks from downtown so all in all it was pretty fun.  Plus, like always, I got my New Year's kiss from the best looking guy around!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment