Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oh the fun of Halloween...

 We had a fabulous Halloween! Caleb originally wanted to wear the boys ghille suit. It is a moss-covered hunting suit and while it looks super cool, it certainly wasn't the best choice to wear in So. Utah trick-or-treating. Maybe if the kids were trucking through a snowstorm. It is one HOT outfit! We brought up the idea of a nerd and he jumped on it. Seriously, he fit the part a little too well.


                                    
 Easton...I love the kid and he comes up with some pretty funny costume ideas.  Last year he was an old man so this year he switched it up to be an old lady in a wheelchair.  We were able to borrow the wheelchair from my parents and my dad brought it over a few weeks early.  By the time Halloween came Easton had mastered the "wheelie" and showed his skills to EVERYONE!  It was pretty impressive that he could wheelie around the school track during the parade I must admit.
 Riley came over to play with Peyton on Halloween which pretty much made Peyton's day.  She LOVES her girl cousins her age and they all get along so well.
 Bailey went from wearing one boy's football uniform last year to wearing a different boys soccer jersey this year.  The boy she borrowed it from wore a Raglan cheerleader uniform to school as well.  Pretty cute.
 The past two years I've had Peyton wearing a tutu skirt for Halloween. I wanted to go a different direction this year but had a difficult time deciding on what she should wear. I never really care for the run-of-the-mill store costumes and have no talent on my own to make one. Lucky for me there are others out there with talent and I was able to order her an handmade "Alice" costume which turned our sooo CUTE! Of course as soon as I ordered it I also had to buy the Alice in Wonderland DVD so that she could fall in love with the costume idea before it even came in the mail. She did of course!


                                                  
Peyton wouldn't cooperate for a group shot as she just wasn't feeling well this year but she did warm up to having her grandpa and cousin Riley take her trick-or-treating around our circle.
 
I loved Halloween but I admit I'm looking forward to the winter holidays.  I'm truly so grateful for so many things this year I feel extra emotional about Thanksgiving coming up and I always love Christmas.  Can't wait.

2 comments: