Monday, October 25, 2010

I know that my Savior loves me!

Yesterday was our ward primary program.  I always look forward to these yet this year was the exception.  I was called into primary last Nov. as th 1st counselor. This was my first time EVER serving a Sunday primary calling besides nursery.  Also, I knew that I should have paid more attention in Oct. to the primary program because I would be writing the next year's.  I didn't even know they were written by individual wards. 
I wrote it though.  It even seemed decent.  As I went through the parts I started having all of these hangups.  As the time grew closer I kept getting confused about who was singing and who was speaking and such.  After 2 primary practices I wasn't feeling entirely confident that I could actually be a part of this and pull it off.
Saturday night met me with little sleep and the sleep that I received was more restless than anything.  I kept dreaming I couldn't find the parts the kids needed and that the program just kept running over. 
Sunday morning, I had decided to make flowers for the pulpit.  Just a small, non-intrusive, primary colors arrangement.  I made it 3 different times before I was happy.  This made me feel as though I was running behind however.
I made it to the church and after quickly changing half of the seating arrangements, the sacrament service began.  I was starting to panic...
The program began.
It was BEAUTIFUL!
The children were amazing!
I was truly touched and honored to have the privilege of being up there behind the scenes. 
There was such a sweet spirit.
Caleb played a piano solo and although I've heard the song he played non-stop for weeks I hadn't realized the extent of how well he knew and could play it.  I watched as he even knew which pedals to push and when!  Bailey gave a talk for her last primary program and it was wonderful!  Easton gave his part perfectly and was so well-behaved the entire time.
98 kids in our primary ended with standing up and saying "He lives!"  and then sang my new favorite primary song through beautifully.

I know my Savior loves me!

1 comment: