Monday, November 29, 2010

I almost got off the hook...

Since before Mat and I were married I have helped with the Jubilee of Trees.  Each year decorating a tree to be auctioned off with the proceeds going to the hospital.  Each year, Mat begs me to say no.  It is such a great cause but I admit takes a lot of time and a lot of extra cash out of our pockets.  Last year I made a promise to Mat that I wouldn't volunteer at all.  I kept my promise and loved it!  I didn't get off quite as easy this year.  The foundation called and asked if I would decorate a tree and I declined.  However, I did commit to helping the students at our school decorate their tree for the Jubilee.  I themed it "Under the Same Stars" and had each of the 4th grade students write a letter to the troops and decorated it American style.  It was my favorite school tree to date!  We had a rough time getting down to let the kids look at the trees but finally made it then Sunday of after church.  They had a blast making sand bracelets and gandering at the trees.  Peyton didn't care for it a whole lot since she slept the entire time we were there.  We got to see Santa, even though it took some convincing to get Bailey to go.  Such fun memories and I'm always glad when the Jubilee is OVER!!!





1 comment:

  1. Love it -- and I think the picture of Mat and Peyton says it all for those two...he he. My husband would kill me if I tried to get him to go.

    ReplyDelete