Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble gobble...

All of Utah over the past week, had a lot of anticipation over a storm set to hit the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  From what I hear up north, it didn't hit too hard but nevertheless did make an entrance.  Mat and I watched weather.com as the predicted temps kept dropping and dropping.  We took precautions on Monday night by insulating pipes and the air condensers.  I really have no idea how cold it did get but it was cold enough Wednesday night that we woke up on Thanksgiving morning literally watching all the leaves (that the day before were still all on the tree) cascade off each one.  It had gotten cold for sure.
 Of course the kids went right out that morning and instantly began gathering "their" piles.  This amazingly led to fighting, because of course, how DARE someone try to take some that weren't part of their pile!  Of course this is what prys into my sanity daily.  Also the fact that the temps in the morning hours were still in the 20's and MY kids went out in t-shirts and shorts.  "No mom, it's not THAT cold!"
 Peyton at least put on boots and a coat...
 I spent my time indoors preparing for my first Thanksgiving dinner at our house!  It couldn't have been a more perfect arrangement for me.  Mat's family did all the cooking (they are all AMAZING cooks) and I got to decorate the tables.  I was having some grief with not having all matching plates and no spare $$$ to buy the ones I wanted. 
 I hit the jackpot last week by finding the plates and goblets at a price I could afford...at the DOLLAR STORE!!! Haha!  I also had everyone that would be attending dinner a few days prior send me the top 5 things they were thankful for and the kids glittered pine cones and we stuck our "thankful" feathers into them to make turkeys for the table.


 We had an AMAZING dinner at our house and then quickly loaded the car to go to my parents dinner.  Still full from the first dinner we didn't eat much but ended up staying HOURS at my parents while the kids enjoyed spending time with their cousins.  I love that they would rather play with family than anyone else.
 I love November.  I spend all month it seems recalling everything in my life that I am grateful for.  From the silly things to the most important what it all comes down to is this picture.  One beautiful, happy family!!! We are truly happy.  We have SOOO much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment