Friday, December 27, 2013

Gratitude

Mixed in with the holiday season, the hustle and bustle of shopping, holiday parties, cheer comps, and more, gratitude seems to quietly grow overlooked more and more these days.  I am grateful however.  With EVERYTHING the past year has brought, despite hoping 2013 would be easier than 2012 and finding out that it may never get easier, I'm grateful.
 I have 4 healthy kids!  Sure they get scraped, bruised and sometimes broken, but they are healthy!  They are happy!  Their smiles light up my days.  
 As a parent it's difficult to watch your child struggle in any way.  Kids can be mean, siblings fight, some kids get things others don't.  My kids have been extremely blessed and I'm grateful.
 I'm grateful for transportation to take them to the many activities they are involved in.  I'm grateful they are able to participate in the activities they love.  I'm grateful for their abilities, their talents, and their desire.
 I'm grateful when they open our fridge there is food in it. I'm grateful that when they rest their heads at night they don't have to worry about the changing seasons outside their windows or worry that their home isn't safe.
 I'm grateful for the example they have in a father who has a strong work ethic and teaches them valuable life skills on a daily basis.
 I'm grateful that my kids get incredible education from amazing teachers and that their schools are close, clean, well maintained, and safe.
 I'm grateful I'm privileged to be their mom.
I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment