Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2014

 Christmas 2014 has come and gone all too quickly.  With thanksgiving being late this year and Mat and I being gone the first week of December we had to pack a lot of things into a short amount of time. It's ok though, it's not like we needed to have time for sickness or emergency surgeries or anything...
 Once Mat and I were back home from our trip I was excited to get some Christmas fun going!  I decided to attempt making gingerbread houses from scratch again...  The kids said the house smelled great!  I didn't notice as I spent 4 hours mixing the houses and baking them.  
 The kids had a blast putting them together.  I didn't notice as by the time we got 6 house built and the frosting workable I was exhausted and snuck away to the relief society party.
 I did get to see the finished products and they were pretty great.  I'm not sure if they were great enough not to come from a pre made kit next year but they were pretty great.
 As mentioned in my previous post we went to Salt Lake.  We watched Bailey rock it at her cheer comp competing on two teams.  We played with cousins and had an impromptu Christmas party.  We went on the Heber Creeper with first class tickets and enjoyed hot cocoa, cookies, and singing as the train literally crept along the mountainside.  
 I made fudge one Sunday and caramel another.  We hosted an ugly sweater party for friends.  I had a quick activity days party as well as put together a crazy teacher's Christmas lunch.
 We read multiple stories before bed. 
 Mat, Caleb and I all got sick.  Bailey had surgery.  Before we knew it, Christmas was here. 
Santa found us and the kids rejoiced.
Every gift anticipated for months had indeed arrived and smiles were seen all around. 
 Mat and my hearts melted to see our kids happiness.
 We were all truly blessed.  
With decorations, gifts, yuletide celebrations all around, we celebrated the birth of our Savior as we spent time loving and caring for one another and feeling peace as Mat read out of Luke Christmas Eve night.  Pretty incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment