Monday, October 18, 2010

How grateful I am.

When Mat proposed to me it was very simple. I think Heavenly Father was helping him with it a bit because right after I said yes a rainbow appeared in the sky on the overlook we were at. I took it as a sign that the hardship of having him leave on a mission for two years would be a blessing to us. It has been an amazing blessing! We have four wonderful children and last week celebrated 12 years together!
The day before our anniversary however, was quite solemn. I've hugged my kids a little tighter and listened to them a little more since. The day started out very frustrating for me. I kept wanting to take Peyton on a walk and enjoy the fall weather but the rain would start back up each time I went outside. I even tried to mow the lawn but each time the rain would start back up. At one point I decided I would just mow in the rain and the lawn mower wouldn't start back up. I resigned to spending the day indoors and went online...
I noticed posts on facebook about how worried people were about two of the boys from the high school. I asked my friend what was going on and was horrified to hear that two boys were struck by lightning waiting for a ride just blocks from my house! My heart was heavy and I was worried sick about boys I didn't know and their families. Bailey was receiving texts that they both were killed and I was beside myself. I checked into the story myself and found that the boys were alive and holding on...
The kids went outside during one of the breaks in the storm and a beautiful double rainbow appeared in the sky. I wondered how such a sad thing could happen with such a beautiful promise outside.
Thankfully, one of the boys is back at home and expected to return to school soon, while the other is making progress toward recovery! I am so happy these boys are healing! I am so grateful for the safety of my own children and the privilege I have to be their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment