Monday, January 4, 2010

Partying it up!

We have been having SUCH a fun time having the kids home from school the last few weeks. When I heard that Christmas vacation was 2 1/2 weeks I admittedly had a lot of anxiety. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having my kids around. I tend to get a bit tired of having so very many other kids around though. I decided at the beginning of the break that when I needed a break I would just send extra kids home. I was fairly successful! We have had MANY Christmas parties and little did I know that the parties weren't going to stop! We attended a music soiree on Wed. night that included me having to sit through a 40 MINUTE song! I enjoy classical music but 6 hours of it could put anyone over the edge. For New Year's Eve. Mat and I attended our yearly New Year's competition. We had a blast and came away with some great prizes.
We dressed up as softball players and looked pretty hot I must say. :)
Practicing our victory pose.


The following morning our friends called and said they wanted to continue the competition form the night before so we headed over to their house that night till 1:00 am when the kids called and begged us to come home.
The boys reward for being good while mom and dad partied it up was an annual ice-fishing trip in Pine Valley. Caleb refused to hold his fish the way Easton was and Easton thought he was so brave since his older brother was being such a wimp. Pretty cute.


Since Bailey had watched the kids all THREE nights we told her we would take her and her friend Jane to the new ice-skating rink.
We had a boy from Bailey's class that kept following us around the rink telling the girls they were too slow. I can't imagine why he just didn't skate somewhere other than directly behind them the entire time can you?

Oh my goodness he is SOOOO CUTE!!! Okay they really weren't into him but I got a chuckle every time he skated in front of us obviously trying to show off his mad skills and fell every time!

Brrrr!!!!!

Cute girls! We've lived in our house 4 years now and Bailey has yet to have a friend in the neighborhood that was her age and she got along with well. We are so happy to have Jane around!

The ice-skating rink was overall pretty fun. I haven't been in years and don't remember the ice hurting so bad when you fall. I took home a few souvenirs on my body to remember the experience. One in the shape of one of the girls blades. They insisted we hold hands most of the time in case they fell. Of course if I wasn't able to stop their fall they took me down with them!
That night the Green's invited us up for another night of fun games. It was a good thing our church didn't start till 1:00 on Sunday otherwise we wouldn't have made it. Four nights of staying up late can start to wear you down. So worth it though!












1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a great time of year? Games and parties galore!!!!

    ReplyDelete