Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Great to be Eight!

We just attended our ward "Eight is Great" night. We never made it to Bailey's since we were vacationing at the time, so this was our first. It was so neat to see the excitement on the kids faces and see how grown up they clearly thought they were. Caleb turns eight next week. I can't believe how grown up HE is! He is such an example to me. As I was taking pictures of the kids for the primary bulletin board I kept commenting on how nice they looked and such. After a few had their pics taken Caleb told them (quite loudly) that his mom said that on every one's turn. It got quite a chuckle and I'm sure my face turned red. He's a great kid. For his birthday I asked him to make up an invite list and he said he wanted to only invite seven kids because he didn't want it to cost very much. He is the ONLY kid of ours that thinks that way. Before he was even born I had a feeling that he was a special kid. LOVE him! Here's all the kids giving a cheer for turning eight. Cute bunch of friends.
Dad and Mom with the kid of the hour.

Two of my favorite people EVER!
Although Caleb turns eight next week we have to wait to hold his baptism until the end of March. He was very gracious about it until Mat told him we could just hold it in Hawaii since that's where we'll be one of the times we'll miss. He's going around telling everyone that he's getting baptized in the ocean in Hawaii. Sorry bud, as cool as it WOULD be, you'll just have to be surrounded by all of your family that loves you!



1 comment:

  1. It was a good turnout! Sorry to ditch out...Cute primary kids we have!

    ReplyDelete