Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1st

Today is one of my favorite days! That isn't even an April Fool's joke, I really love it. I thought I would post some of my favorite pranks for everyone. One that didn't quite work out for Mat and I was the time we made "dinner" for his family. It was at night and they still didn't catch on. We made these nasty pizzas with everything out of the cupboards we could think to use. The joke was on us however, they liked the pizzas! Well, Mat and I were frustrated! We went to all that work to make a not so lovely meal and it backfired. We decided we couldn't end our night there. We went to the store and bought Hershey Kisses and put the name of the boy my little sis' was in love with in one of them. We then scattered them up the walkway to my house with a note that said "Now that I've kissed the ground you walk on, will you go to (whatever dance was coming up) with me". She was sooooo excited. She started doing cartwheels and one of her friends mentioned she already had a date and she said she didn't care! It was hilarious. So much so that when she finally came inside and saw Mat and I busted out laughing the jig was up!
My all time favorite prank though was when I was expecting Bailey. Mat had been out of town and I was certain that he had no clue what day it was. Bailey wasn't due until July but his sister was due anyday. He had been working late the night before, got up and did some more work and got home around noon. I was working at the flower shop and when he called I told him Kristi was in labor, no one could find Shane, everyone else was in the middle of something and Kristi was really upset. I told him I had made a bouquet of flowers and he needed to come get them and visit her to calm her down. Can you say "hook, line, and sinker?" He didn't even stop to take a shower or eat. he came right over and got the flowers with a lot of balloons for effect and went down to the hospital. Now I didn't wan't him walking into someone's room and disturbing them so I called down to the nurses station. They were sort of onry until they heard my plan. I told them to look for a guy with pink flowers going into room 364 and stop him. They laughed and said that room didn't exist. Perfect! He of course couldn't find the room and went to the nurses station and they said "you must be Mat...April Fool's!" The best part was that my sister actually was at the hospital getting an ultrasound and she asked Mat if he knew what day it was. I felt really bad after because he had to go right back to work and never got a shower or lunch but it was worth it!

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! I LOVE IT-- I need to come to you for some fun ideas to get RJ

    ReplyDelete