Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Way to go Bailey!


Bailey had her 2nd day of cheer tryouts today. I wasn't able to watch but she was in the same group as her cousin so I got to see the recorded tryout. I was so happy! She makes things look far too easy. Mat and I have been super stressed about these tryouts! She has worked very hard and we were worried she would be placed on a team that wouldn't push her. She was so calm about the whole thing. The teams were posted at 8:00 tonight and there were many anxious girls waiting at the window. When they finally posted the teams I couldn't even see Bailey. Finally the crowds cleared a little and Bailey emerged. The first thing she said was "Mom, they spelled my name wrong." I about burst! "Bailey, what team are you on!" She smiled "Senior level 2." Now, it's taken me a bit to understand the different teams. Last year Raglan had a Youth level 1, Juniors level 2, and Seniors level 3. The Senior part means that she'll be competing with and against girls under 16. The level 2 indicates the level of difficulty for the stunts. We are so very proud of her accomplishments over the past year that she can compete at this level. Way to go Bailey! You never cease to amaze me!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Where do you sign up for something like that and how OLD do they have to be. That would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They start at 5 years old I believe. She takes from Raglan Cheer. The offer rec classes too. If you're interested I suggest you try out the rec classes and see if your girls like it. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO BAILEY!!!! It looks like fun:)!!

    ReplyDelete