Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hello!!! Mother of the Year!

Having 5 years between Easton and Peyton I find that I forget a lot about raising toddlers. One thing however, that I remember well, is if you hear silence there's trouble to be found. Peyton seems extra advanced with this skill. Today while I was working away making a video for Caleb's upcoming baptism, I could hear Peyton off in the other room playing the keyboard. I had to edit the video which I admit, got me a little caught up in memories of my little guy. After the video had ran through and I had the bugs worked out...sure enough silence was heard. I almost feel like the music from the movie psycho should be playing whenever I go to investigate the silence. You know, the music builds up, and then right as you turn the corner, SHRIEKS! Today's silence was brought to me by the makers of Magic Shell chocolate and the older kids leaving it on the lower shelf. Peyton had worked her way up on the counter and was trying to wash her feet clean while watching Phineas and Ferb. These are the results.
How am I supposed to be mad at that? After all, I'm the slacker mom who wasn't watching her.

Somehow, I don't think she would have gotten her feet clean.

I will say this. She knew she had made a mess. There were dirty paper towels nearby clearly a sign that she planned on cleaning it up. I truly don't mind moments like this. Ones that are easy to clean and easy to fix. Magic marker on the leather couches, and holes burned into the new trampoline mat from cousins, are moments I could do without.

3 comments:

  1. Does it help to say that I totally know what you are going through! All I can say is at least it is chocolate and not poop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!!! You are so much more calm then me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is pretty funny.......looks like you might have a Meah on your hands!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete