Friday, March 13, 2009

One Tough Little Kid

I really am not planning on posting everyday but what do you know, I have an Easton story. Easton is our toughest kid by far. He falls and quickly gets back up again. He seems to have a large pain threshold. We marvel as we watch some pretty nasty spills and he seems unphased. He's also made a few trips to the doctor over some of his spills. Last March we went to disneyland and before we went on the first ride Easton helped us try out the old GPS to find a children's hospital. I know what you're thinking "how nice ... a children's hospital. I bet they are great with kids." So wrong. They not only told me Easton who was 4 at the time, had a social disorder, but that I was being very inappropriate towards the situation because I dared try to console the 4 year old and let him know it would be okay! TAdd Imagehey told me telling him "Shhh, sweetie it's okay," was out of line because he was kicking and screaming. It took everything in me to not slug the woman! I told her it was not the time or place to discuss my childs behavior seeing as she had known him all of 2 minutes and that I had other kids and in the same situation they behaved the same. She told me she was a mother too. HAHA! Come to find out she had a 7 month old! Good luck lady! I get heated thinking about it. The bill was $3,500! Well, we are planning on spending our spring break, this March, at Disneyland and what do you know? Easton took another spill and cut his lip clear through almost in the exact spot as before. Luckily we were at home. We took him to instacare and 20 minutes, $250 later he was home being loved by mom. What a difference nice people make. Mat said that he was laughing and felt very comfortable. Easton told me later that he really like those doctors not the ones at Disneyland.

2 comments:

  1. Easton, Easton,Easton...what more can I say!! Poor little guy...he is always getting hurt somehow:) I hope that Disneyland will go a little smoother this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog, you have such a cute family. I'm glad I can stay updated!

    ReplyDelete