Monday, May 7, 2012

Easter 2012

 Easter 2012 has come and gone. With it is the boy's belief in the Easter bunny and letting me dress them up for egg hunting pics.  Thankfully I still have one little girl who thinks the Easter bunny is pretty amazing for bringing her candy and is all to happy to let me dress her up in any bright, frilly outfit I choose.
 We of course went to our ward Easter hunt.  Bailey was at cheer tryouts and the boys wouldn't stop from being boys for long enough for me to take a picture but we sure had fun watching Peyton get after those eggs. The boys commented that she should no longer receive a head start in our backyard egg hunt because she was just as fast as they are now.
 We made our way to the Vernon Worthern egg hunt as well.  Every year we wonder why we such to get  down there by 10:00 for 3 eggs.  I suppose tradition keeps us going.
 This was the first year Bailey was to old for any public egg hunts but I believe she had just as fun watching the little kids as we do.
 That old Easter bunny did in fact litter our backyard with eggs and toys and since my kids decided that they needed to get up at 6:00am to find their hidden baskets and hunt I opted to stay in bed while Mat played cameraman.
 In retrospect I've decided it's ok that Peyton had many Easter outfits as well as a fancy new dress for church. By the time we pulled into the driveway from church the boys were stripped down to their undies and Bailey was headed up the stairs faster than I could get to her. So I got a few lonely shots of Peyton on her Easter Sunday dress while the kids I imagine ate salsa or something. It's quite sad for me to have one last believer...

No comments:

Post a Comment