Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Back to School

School is back in session here in Southern Utah.  Always starting way to early.  While summer can be crazy with the kids wanting constant entertainment I'm always sad to have them return to school.  I do love having a schedule back though.
 Bailey began her second year at Lava Ridge and is officially a seventh grader.  Wasn't I JUST in seventh grade?  Lucky for her the "awkwardness" of being twelve either hasn't hit her yet or I'm guessing never will.  Although these pictures don't show it she is also a brace face.  Even with the metal smile she just seems to get prettier and prettier. 
 Caleb began 4th grade and Easton began third.  I seriously cannot believe my boys are that old!  When their older sister began the higher elementary grades we thought she seemed so old.  The boys are still my babies.
 I allowed the boys to choose their own outfits for the first day (which if you know me is a HUGE thing).  They would choose sporty shorts and t-shirts as opposed to the closet full of nice jeans and collared shirts but oh well.  They looked like studs!
 This is the first year I didn't walk them into their classes.  They wanted to ride their bikes and I learned I had to let go a  little so off they went.

 Peyton was quite disappointed last year when she broke her leg because she could no longer attend her ballet class.  The fall session of dance began and Peyton's leg was healed so she was crazy with excitement to go back to dance. She looks forward to her class every week.
 Peyton also started preschool!  Another one of those things where I can't believe she is that old!  She couldn't wait! We didn't end up getting her in the preschool that had the rest of the neighborhood kids in it but we LOVE the preschool she go into.  It was more of a fluke that she even got in but it is DARLING and she is in heaven!

So twice a week I am officially all alone!  Okay, well, maybe I haven't been at home alone yet.  With going to lunch with Mat and running errands I actually enjoy the few hours a week kid free.

No comments:

Post a Comment