Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh that kid!

When we set out to have kids I figured we would have a litter full of freckly, short, hyperactive runts.  Well, we only got one really freckly kid.  I think with each freckle it must be an added bit of personality.  A kid who LOVES ALL animals!  So much that all he ever wants for Christmas, birthdays, any occasion is some sort of live creature.  A kid who hands-down can dirty a shirt like no other and wears through his clothes almost faster than I can shop online for them. :) Mat every now and then receives texts from friends wondering if he has any "Easton stories" for them.  We came home on Saturday to find that he had convinced his grandma that we cook eggs in the microwave to hard boil them.  Apparently he was rather convincing and since grandma I'm sure had never tried it on her own figured it must be okay.  Too bad they didn't have time to clean it up as I was the lucky winner of cleaning the microwave with the remnants of the exploded egg all over.  When the egg exploded it blew the door to the microwave open and tripped the breaker.  Still, Easton claims it would be fine to try it again that he really does do it all the time.  You can give this kid a roll of masking tape and he will have a fort, ball built, and probably have himself wrapped up in it in minutes. Easton has twitches.  We've mostly gotten rid of the snorting, and the squinting while sticking your tongue out, and are currently working on him to stop over biting his lower lip so the poor lip can heal.  Bailey and I were laughing at his stance the other day.  He stands with both feet pointed outward.  Seriously I LOVE him and all of his quirks.  The best was later that night when I looked down at my own stance and yep...he gets it from me!  He also gets the twitches, the easily frustrated personality, and so much more from ME!!! I love him.  Every bit of challenge that comes with him.  Every laugh he provides warms my heart.  We are so BLESSED to have him in our family!

1 comment:

  1. We love him, wouldn't change him for the world!

    ReplyDelete