Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally a Break! (somewhat)

Between hosting the weddings, celebrating the 4th, Bailey's birthday party, the kids being out of school, we all needed a break! This weekend we went up north to see A'mee's and Sandi's families and attend Luke's baptism. We left Friday night and came back Sunday night so it wasn't quite the long vacation everyone around us seem to be taking but it was nice to get away.
After convincing the kids (truly just telling them what we were doing) that going to Seven Peaks with their cousins wouldn't be nearly as fun as going to Park City, we left Peyton with Sandi, and headed up the mountain with the older kids.
While we knew they'd rather be with their cousins playing, mom and dad needed to spend some time with them more. It was a gorgeous day. 85 degrees and partly cloudy. Bailey and Caleb were both old enough to drive their own sled on the Alpine Slide and Bailey was barely tall enough to drive her Alpine Coaster sled. This is the 2nd time we've taken the kids down the Alpine Slide but the 1st time down the Coaster. Mat said it best, "A roller coaster in the mountains, that's my kind of ride!" It was AWESOME!

Next time we go we will be buying the day passes for sure! Peyton will actually be old enough next summer to be a passenger on all of the rides besides the zip line and since you have to weigh 70+ pounds, I'm not sure any of the kids will qualify to ride that anytime soon.
We LOVE Peyton and were very sad to leave her behind. I am so very happy however, that I got a chance to hang out with my older kids for a while without Peyton needing my full attention.
Of course the kids HAD to go on the trampolines! They love this and Mat and I love watching other kids (and adults) try the tricks our kids are able to do. I admit that the Holt kiddos make it look easy and if I were to actually try it I'm sure I would fall into the category of those that try but just can't make it look good. Caleb had other people taking pictures of him. Kinda inappropriate but oh well, he WAS pretty fun to watch. He loved hearing the kids tell their parents "Look at THAT boy! He is SO high!" We finished of the weekend with a tour through the conference center and a picnic in the park with A'mee and Sandi's families to celebrate my little Bailey turning 11 on the 11th. It was so fun to hang out with both families. Short but oh so sweet of a mini-getaway. I wish we could spend every summer weekend in Park City but until we win the lottery or inherit millions from an unknown benefactor we will just have to be glad for grandparents with swimming pools.





























2 comments:

  1. I think everyone needs a weekend away now and then. I am glad you guys had fun --

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute!!!! I love that picture of you and your hubby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete