Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Morning

Sunday mornings at our house are usually quite busy. For some reason no matter what time our service starts at we are always running behind. Unless, of course, we have the 1:00 time slot. Today in particular Easton isn't feeling well and since I was only conducting Mat is opting to take the other kids so I can stay home with Easton (and Peyton of course). Needless to say we are having quite the lazy morning.
Last night we had a fun BBQ in the backyard for the "adults" so the kids wanted to do something fun for them. Mat took the mattress off Bailey's bed and put it in the upstairs family room for them to sleep on. While Mat and I were being lazy lying around in the backyard, eating peas this morning, the kids were adding enhancements to their "bed". They took the mattresses off the boys beds and used them as the box-springs and somehow took down Bailey's canopy netting and reconnected to the fan in the family room. I shouldn't say somehow, apparently it was a series of stacked up object (including Caleb's back) that played a part in their ability to reach that high.
I must admit it is rather a cozy spot. I love my kids doing silly things like this. My siblings and I used to make the most elaborate huts (in my mind at least) and I loved it. The kids know they can't play with friends on Sunday so it is always such a treat to see them working and playing together.
Peyton spent most of the morning sitting in the pea patch chomping away. Our vines are super tall this year but they are no match for a 23 month old who likes her veggies. Peas are like gold in our house so normally the trampling of the vines would lead to a major fence being built but how can we NOT let her fill her tummy with vitamins?



No comments:

Post a Comment