Monday, May 31, 2010

How Time Flies...

Was it really only five years ago that Bailey graduated kindergarten? While she still trades lip gloss with her friends and hasn't "physically" grown a lot since then she has matured and grown far too fast.

We attended Bailey's 5th grade graduation last week and had to keep the tears in check. Not only was it a fabulous program about our country but my little girl is no longer in elementary school! No more recess to swing on the bars or see who can do the most cartwheels in a row (I'm pretty sure Bailey always won that one). No more riding bikes to school and making sure your little brothers make it home safe. No more class parties, having only one teacher, and no more having mom come "help" aka spy on you in class. While there are kids Bailey's age that are starting to meet boys at the movies, Bailey so far seems to care less for that type of behavior. I'm grateful she has a great group of friends that for the meantime, just seem to be happy hanging out together. I've heard the "rumors" of the 6th & 7th grade center and am admittedly scared. I hope that Bailey carries on her group of friends into 6th grade and always remembers her worth.

I am constantly in awe that I was privileged to have such a beautiful, special daughter. There's just something about her. She is always aware of others feelings and is such a happy content person. I used to get frustrated that after Santa came there wasn't much excitement. Bailey is just happy no matter what. Such a smart and talented kid to boot. I really wonder sometimes if there was a switch in the hospital. Of course, I could see all of this the first time the doctor placed her in my arms. She had my heart then and only continues to make it grow. Congratulations Bailey!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just like her mama!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hopie -- what a beautiful daughter and tribute!

    ReplyDelete