Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Venting...

Okay so no cute pictures or anything fun and exciting happening. I am merely venting my frustrations. On Monday, I went to get Peyton out of her crib and she was literally covered in fluid and chunks from both ends of her body. Gross, I know... try finding your 1 year old covered in it.Of course there was much more fluid to follow throughout the day as well. She ran a pretty high fever most of that afternoon and though much of the night. We had her in bed with us so we could monitor her. We were freaking out with worry. Around 5 am Mat got up with her and she started being really cute and was asking me to "come on". Where she wanted me to take her I had no idea. Tuesday was a bit better. She was smiling again which was heaven sent, and being quite cute. A small amount of fluids but nothing like the day before. I actually got dressed and ran a few errands. Then today hit! She woke up SCREAMING for Bailey. The boys each tried to get her out of her crib and I could hear her yelling at them for Bailey. I almost kept Bailey home from school because I just knew! Throughout the morning she has cried then slept every 10 minutes or so. She had made it clear I was not to leave her side. It's Wednesday and I have yet to workout this week and so that in itself is making me feel like a big lazy slob. The house being neglected during this however, is the icing on the cake! I need a housekeeper, trainer, and nanny quick! Oh, and a chauffeur because as I was taking Bailey to cheer this afternoon my car started going crazy. I made it a block away from her cheer and it would go no longer. I sent Bailey walking and reassured her that someone would stop (which they did) and pick her up! Right by the Flying J gas station! I couldn't let her know how worried I was about letting her walk by all of those truckers! So Mat came and pick us up, called a tow truck and teased as we were coming home that the fluid all throughout our circle was from my transmission. Well...it blasted was! He followed the trail for a bit and it went right along my route to cheer. I can guess about the time that the fluid ran out. So now we are looking at a new transmission for the car that has 37,000 miles on it! 1,000 miles passed the warranty. The saving grace with this (we hope) is that we've had warranty work done a bit in the last few weeks before it ran out and the problem was noted before. They just didn't fix it correctly. They better not come back and tell me I shouldn't have been driving it with the leakage. For 1, I had no idea it was leaking, and I kept a close eye on the RPM's as well as the temp. gauge. I pulled over when I could smell smoke coming from the engine. Such a mess! It's also Valentine week which means class parities, valentine boxes, making the valentines. So the house is covered in throw up and pink and red hearts. To top everything off we have been planning a family trip for months to Hawaii in a few weeks. Which means Mat has LOADED his schedule so we can afford to have him take off a week of work to go. I broke down tonight and begged him to come home and help me take some control back. So it's after 10 pm and he is back at work, the kids are in bed and poor little Peyton has fallen asleep on the hardwood floor. I know that makes me sound like a terrible mother but she won't let you put her to bed and gets so tired she falls asleep in random places and trust me, it's best to let her sleep. So there it is. My vent. I love my role as a mother and wife, yet dislike to many responsibilities all at once. PHEWWWWWW!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hate weeks like that--Hate hate hate them! But a week in Hawaii should be a quick fix. That'll be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry to hear what a terrible week you have had so far! I hate sick children and all their nastiness. I'll take runny noses any day compared to what Peyton has. Hope you get the car thing figures out and enjoy Hawaii - I am so jealous but happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time.... sometimes, one minute at a time. You are not alone and you have the right to scream every once in a while!!!!

    ReplyDelete