Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Work Related...

 Any excuse for a getaway is a great excuse in my book! Mat has had a few jobs up north lately so we decided to add some family fun in the mix of work as well. While Mat and I prefer Park City rides over Lagoon we were nonetheless happy to spend the day at Lagoon with the kiddos. Unfortunately giving birth to those same kiddos has made going on too many fast rides a tad less enjoyable then it once has been for me but it's worth smiling faces. 
 We had a little bit of excitement in the afternoon at Lagoon when my iPhone slid out of my pocket on a roller coaster. Figuring it was toast and that I would need a new phone I still wanted to get it in case we could retrieve contacts or if it would be cheaper to have it when seeking a replacement phone.  Luckily the attendants heard it land on the roof over their heads so we at least knew where it was. Mat went back on the ride to see if he could locate it and did. He said it looked like it might be ok... It was in perfect condition! I was extremely relieved as I've paid to get it fixed twice in the past few months...
 Bailey was able to meet up with her friends so we didn't see her at the park much but I don't really blame her. Parents and siblings vs friends for a teenager?  It was a losing battle. 
 It was a quick trip and we had a blast. I honestly miss spending summers up in Davis county visiting my cousins and playing in the cemetery my grandparents lived across from. Everytime we go up I want to take the kids to the parks I used to play at and visit the snow cone shacks we used to as kids. It feels like just yesterday I was the kid that couldn't wait to get to Lagoon. While I hold all of my childhood memories close to my heart I'm happy to create all sorts of new memories with my kids. It's pretty great seeing things through their eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment