Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easter 2013

 When the kids were younger I planned out their Easter outfits so each would coordinate with the other and figured out each egg hunt we could attend as to maximize the cute egg hunt pics I could get. Now I can barely get the older kids to make even one hunt (Bailey didn't even go to it) so I'm left with one solitary child I get to play Easter dress up with. 
 We had beautiful weather all week and Easter weekend was no exception.  Mat had been working out of town all week and wasn't supposed to be back until late Saturday night.  Friday morning at 5:00 my cell phone was ringing and when I saw Mat was calling of course dread took over because why would he be calling me at such an odd hour?  He was surpassing us by finishing up work at 1:00 am and then driving home to spend Easter Saturday with us.  It was a great surprise.
 We went to the Vernon Worthen egg hunt and it lasted it's usual 30 seconds but Peyton loved every 30 seconds of it. Peyton loves everything about life.  She is such a happy kid.
 We had our own backyard hunt Sunday morning.  The Easter Bunny came that night so the kids were up at 7:00 am looking for their baskets. Mat and I made them wait until 9:00 to hunt eggs. What's the benefit of 1:00 pm church if the kids aren't going to sleep in?
 The older three kids were very sweet encouraging Peyton to go after all the eggs. They had a lot of fun trying to get her to pick up eggs by them.  Peyton definitely had the most. The older kids didn't mind until they realized we put money in the eggs.  They sat around watching Peyton who just laughed etched time she opened more dollar bills and more dollar bills. They managed to "sell" her items from around the house to get a little bit of the cash after all.
 I love Easter. I love the weather, that grass is green, leaves are budding on the trees, and the flowers making their appearances. I love it most for what it means to my sweet family. For the chance to live with them forever. Easter is a chance to begin again and I'm very ready a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment