Friday, April 30, 2010

What's my problem???

For anyone that knows me understands that I can tip the scales on the competitive side...just a bit. Mainly I just feel that I give a lot to life and expect the same in return. I don't expect nice things to happen to me without effort put forth in advance. I love seeing my kids succeed but for the most part expect them to. Caleb has decided he doesn't care about soccer but wants to focus on baseball and basketball. While the basketball idea is fine for now realistically a child from a 5'7" dad and 5'1" mom has a few limitations in a tall person sport. Caleb plays peewee baseball but wants to play competitively. Sounds great to me. He makes several outs every game and hit 2 home runs last game. I'm happy for him but as previously stated I kinda expect him to do well. He practices out back every day. He works hard and certainly reaps the rewards from it. Easton is great at soccer but basically has no drive to practice anything so I just go to his games and enjoy the success he has and for the most part keep my thoughts about what he's capable of to myself. Bailey however, I'm just a freak about. I love that kid more than I could ever imagine and she is AMAZING to me! I was never into cheering, I was a sporty gal, so this whole world that Bailey's in is quite new to me. I do understand that with effort you get results. Bailey has cheered 2 years competitively and she did a year of recreational. She has been in dance since she was 3 and is awesome at cheer. She is a flyer which earns her a lot of spotlight and an awesome tumbler which has the same effect. This week was tryouts for her team and we have been waiting for it for oh so long! We figured she would be a shoe in for the level 3 team (which is the highest available in So. Utah) and she made it. Apparently she actually had butterflies for once before tryouts. This is the issue though, I'm not thrilled with how the team is laid out and really don't even want her to compete anymore. My biff is so many girls who haven't put forth near the effort Bailey has have made the same team and I just can't see spending more money and more hours on something that won't win her 1st places. I don't quite understand why she's had to work her way up and girls with less skills that haven't even cheered before can make the level she's at. I couldn't even muster up much excitement to tell her she'd made the team she wanted! What kind of a mother am I? She was excited and I was not that encouraging. Sheesh! There is another cheer team in town that I know would snag her up in a heartbeat for their level 3 team but she has been with hers for so long I feel like a traitor. If she cheered for that team she would be competing on a team of 18 as opposed to 32. I just don't know what to do!!! I know I just need to get over it and let it go, let her cheer where's she's the happiest. Cheer is not cheap however, plus the hours are many. Is it worth all of it to place last every time?

No comments:

Post a Comment